Second day of the new semester went weirdly. Have a group discussion class, three of the people in there like anime. All women, one’s >40 from the looks of it. Nothing against them at all; but wow, I really wasn’t expecting that. In this college down here in Sacramento I’ve only seen pretty creepy looking young guys that openly say they’re into anime. Honestly, it’s kind of cool to see Eastern anime(otaku-lite!) culture spreading into the west. Remember the days when you’d have to log onto something like a back-alley IRC to get Yu Yu Hakusho episodes?
Haha… —wait, I’m only 23! I shouldn’t be feeling nostalgic yet!?
(Reminder: back to two guaranteed/wk, starting with GCR)
- Lazy Dungeon Master — Chapter 111
- Lazy Dungeon Master — Chapter 112 (Extra)
- Dragon’s Bloodline — Chapter 73 (Extra)
- The Guild’s Cheat Receptionist 2 — Chapter 1 (Part 6)
- The Guild’s Cheat Receptionist 2 — Chapter 1 (Part 7) (Catch-Up)
The Epic Tale of the Forsaken Hero
Regarding redoing the fourth arc: Author still hasn’t finished the story, his last update being on 3/13.
Read this for more information.
Lazy Dungeon Master
Meat’s pretty… uh, pretty out there with her request, huh.
Yeah, definitely going to continue with the series as I have been. Going to leave its donation queue disabled until the time comes that I can actually work through it all.
The Guild’s Cheat Receptionist
That bout of ‘stuff’ last week threw me off pretty hard. Missed out on releasing anything on this again. This’ll be the first series to get a release this week!
Inside the Cave of Obscenity
From the looks of it, a lot of people are liking this series quite a lot! That makes me quite happy to be honest. In my view, the sentiments (and attention in general) given to ero in this community is heavily skewed towards the negative because the vast majority of it is translated by MTLers or people just looking to blast through chapters really fast, not paying attention to proper English flow.
Well, that said, because of various reasons, this series will not be updated as frequently as my other translations. It is for when I just need to work on something a bit different from the usual. I hope you all understand.
First week of college is, despite its easier workload than the rest of the semester, hectic from getting everything organized… be it books and class’ syllabi or messing with the financial aid department. Not sure yet what I’m going to do for books. Two of my teachers are wanting physical copies only… orz
On to the topic of my Musings post: MoonBunnyCafe. I’m not sure what all I should say, so I’ll try and hold a pseudo-Q&A.
Q: What is MoonBunnyCafe(MBC)?
A: A website that allows translators to host (or dual host) their translations on their own terms, as well as allowing readers to read multiple series on the same website (easier tracking, consistent layouts between series) and find other novels to read.
Q: Why would you host/dual host/etc on it, Ziru?
A: My reasons are two-fold, and I’ll be really open here:
- First, I’m always interested in getting more people to read these stories. I genuinely find them all interesting and love to talk to people about them. That’s why I started translating and very possibly why I haven’t pulled my hair out or ground my teeth to dust from irl drama.
- Second, the ad revenue there actually exists, despite being just as unassuming as what I have here. To give some quick numbers (I really need to get around to making a post talking about this in general I think, I have some thoughts about it…), I have averaged around 1,300,000 views per month in the past 4 months. In those same months, I’ve been earning a mode value of ~$74. Note that I give the mode value due to some weird inconsistency that, again, I want to talk about later on. Quick math and that puts me at a little under $0.06/1k views. Basically… nothing. That number should be closer to $0.25/1k to be considered even ‘small’. MBC’s setup is much, much better for this. Honestly, I don’t know about what I can/can’t say, so I’ll wait till that said later post to give more info.
Q: Will you still be updating here?
A: Yes, definitely! I have absolutely no intention of making anything harder on you guys! The only thing that is going to change is that Novel Updates will be showing my posts on MBC rather than here. Nothing else will change!
Q: … Are you sure you aren’t just telling us to bow down and obey?
A: … … *whistles* … … No, but really. If you want to keep reading on this site, you can use any RSS feed reader or WordPress’ built-in follow system for real-time updates here rather than MBC if you want. I’ll even continue posting rants and stuff here, as well as polls related to series-related questions from time to time (those specifically would probably also be included in release posts there…).
All that I can say for now is that if this works out how it looks like it will, my life will suddenly become a whole lot easier starting around two months from now. What that means for me is less things to worry about, also with what that means for all of you readers: more chapters per week!
Well, I hope that helps clear things up. If you have any more questions, ask away below! I’ll be happy to answer.
Oh, and for those that read everything, thank you for sticking through it and putting up with my ramblings.