Thank you so much for your input everyone! I’ll try and sum up what I read and my responses (sorry if I miss something here):
- Donations won’t hurt. Unless you overwork, then STAHP IT.
- Apply for other grants.
- Doing this! Even writing to the ones that need essays… >.<
- Cut back on college to part time.
- Impossible! Transferring out from this city college to a proper 4 yr next fall semester and I need full time to finish in time! Upside is I’ve finished quite a large portion of my bachelor already…
- This seems high… I’ll start at the minimum suggested and see how that works. If it turns out that is too much–as I suspect–I’ll lower it!
- Put off translating until I have more time
- … But I like translating. :<
- Don’t do a $-for-chapter system.
- I fear that might cause me to slack off honestly…
- Donations won’t be steady cash, don’t rely on it
- I’m definitely going through multiple avenues for cash right now! (Including working on getting the $2500/semester back, though it looks unlikely…)
- Move to England.
- That would be amazing. Oh well.
I’ll be putting up the donate buttons here in a moment and start TLing again right now. I think I should have an extra 1 chapter of each thing TLed in advance so that I don’t get overwhelmed… so I’ma try and do that. $50/chapter will be what I start at but will lower it if that is too high.
I’ll put up a proper donation explanation page later tonight or tomorrow in the morning. For now, I’ll go with this:
- Two chapters per week. Subject to change as my schedule allows. Cycle between FH > DB > HP. Consider The Restart chapters freebies.
- Three extra chapters per week maximum.
- No chapters during midterms and finals.
I’ll notify everyone in advance if any of the rules change. Note that any changes will be on the soon-to-be-posted Donations page.
On a side note, I made some custom donate buttons… because reasons. The bright yellow would look weird with my site’s theme. I’ll add donation trackers… once I figure out how they work.